Regulatory bodies set several business communication compliance requirements to ensure the legal adherence of organizations to standards governing their practices. Aside from the standardization of business communication, these regulations ensure data privacy, risk mitigation, operational efficiency, competitive advantage, and digital awareness in your organization.
The ultimate business communication solution to maintain compliance with regulatory requirements is to archive Android text messages and chats from other platforms. Here’s why:
Importance of Business Communication
Business communication is vital to your organization because it’s how you build customer relations and conduct official transactions and information exchange. These are why authorities protect business owners and consumers by implementing regulatory business communication standards.
Notable Business Communication Regulations
Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
The United States government established the SEC as an agency under the 1934 Securities Exchange Act. SEC’s primary mandates are investor protection, fairness maintenance, capital formation facilitation, and market efficiency.
Specifically, the SEC governs business communication in the following ways:
- Providing comprehensive and accurate information to investors and the public
- Prohibiting trading securities based on non-public information
- Regulations against deceptive or manipulative practices in transactions
- Transparency in communication with stakeholders, employees, customers, and the public
- Promotion of ethical communication practices and adherence to codes of conduct
Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
Commonly referred to as Dodd-Frank, this US reform law took effect in 2010 in response to the 2007-2008 global financial crisis. Here are the following ways Dodd-Frank concerns business communication:
- Highlight the importance of transparent and fair communication with customers and clients
- Fairness, honesty, integrity, and accountability in communication and operations
- Establishment of clear communication policies and procedures for employees
Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
As a private, non-governmental organization in the US, FINRA is responsible for regulating and overseeing the securities industry operating under the SEC. FINRA regulates business communication in the following areas:
- Corporate governance
- Disclosure practices
- Advertising and marketing regulations
- Standardized recordkeeping of communication, documents, and supervision
How an Archive of Android Text Messages Help Comply
Android archiving and other strategies, such as forwarding copies of data from WhatsApp to email, help you meet regulatory compliance. Here’s how:
- Data preservation of electronic communication
- Regulatory record retention
- Evidence documentation for litigation and investigations
- Audit trails for transparency and accountability
- Fraud deterrence for security and privacy
- Data integrity and authenticity
- Data classification and tagging for easy identification of specific messages
- Fostering a culture of awareness and responsibility regarding business communication in the workplace
Are you seeking an effective archival solution compliant with all the business communication regulations above? If so, then TeleMessage can help you with that.
With a wide range of archiving products and services, TeleMessage ensures that regulatory compliance will be the least of your worries.
Contact TeleMessage today and guarantee compliance, protection from information leakage, and ethical business communication in your organization.